Friday, May 2, 2008

Real Life vs Runway: Thandie Newton in Roberto Cavalli



Looking at this Roberto Cavalli gown on the runway model does absolutely nothing for me. It just hangs on her like a sequined boho feedbag.

Designers like skinny models because they get to use less fabric in creating the runways looks and because bony models supposedly don't distract from the clothes themselves.

To my eye, they don't seem to add much to them either. I would never have looked at this particular dress and thought it would even be worth salivating over but it truly becomes something else entirely on Thandie Newton (who, to be fair, is pretty petite herself.) I just think she looks fantastic in it.

I've often thought that the reason celebrities provoke such clothing hysteria is because it gives the average person an opportunity to see how designer clothes look on someone who eats more than once a week. Of course, there are exceptions to this but it is rare that become enamored of I see something I see on the runway these days.

Photo source: Scriptgirl/TFS

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=wahyudewi&format=ptp