Thursday, November 13, 2008

Angela Bassett for Olay Quench Body Lotion


I'm beginning to think that cocoa butter must be the "other" creamy crack when it comes to black women. The battle against ashy starts pretty early on. I still remember my mother rubbing down my legs with Vaseline before leaving the house to keep that rolling in powdered donuts look at bay.

It seems now that, in response to the sales of rival Vaseline's cocoa butter skin care line, Olay has extended the Quench moisturizer line to include cocoa butter enthusiasts.

Beautiful and ageless Angela Bassett is the spokesmodel. I just hope this formulation doesn't have those tiny light reflecting particles, I hate the way that glittery stuff looks on my dark skin.

ETA: So I picked a bottle of this up at Target yesterday and it does contain those pesky little sparkles, though they are not as noticeable as they are in the original formulation. The scent different too, sweeter probably because of the cocoa butter. I've always really liked this lotion so now that it is not as glittery, it will probably become a staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=wahyudewi&format=ptp