Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vintage Covers: Beverly Peel and Claudia Mason on British Vogue


s: Angel Lover/TFS
January, 1992

I still remember the first time I saw Beverly Peele. I was in my high school library and saw her on the cover of Seventeen magazine. I must have run to the store after school to buy that issue! I probably followed her career more than Naomi back then. She was a stunner.

Claudia Mason is definitely a face I remember from that supermodel era but I didn't pay as much attention to her. She revealed late in her career that her agency pressured her to identify as Latina or Italian instead of biracial (her father was black and her mother white.) I always thought the revelation was somewhat interesting since other fair skinned biracial models of her day (like Kara Young) seemed to work high profile gigs regularly but honestly, nothing surprises me about this industry.

Who were your favorite models by bygone eras?

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=wahyudewi&format=ptp