Tuesday, March 17, 2009

DSquared2 Eyewear Ad (Tyson Beckford and Linda Evangelista)



I don't usually have much to say about male models but this eye wear ad from DSquared2 really demands some special attention doesn't it?

There's been a lot written about the tendency of some in the industry to fetishize and glamourize violence against women in fashion. While it may be easier for some to write off ads that depict women fighting each other (as in DS2's clothing ads with Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista,) adding a man to the mix changes the tone abruptly.

I mean, I don't even know what to say about this one except, what was everyone involved thinking? I look at DS2's "sexy" domestic violence and wonder what the target audience is. I guess being controversial for the sake of being controversial is the low budget way of generating press in a bad economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=wahyudewi&format=ptp