Wednesday, April 15, 2009

House of Dereon - Really?



Beyonce gets so much venom spewed at her on blogs that I feel I have to preface this post by stating for the record that I think she is a beautiful and talented young woman. Any negativity in this post is NOT directed at her but more at the design team that brought up this particular ensemble.

When I saw this HoD ad in Lucky magazine, it definitely caught my eye. First, because of the aforementioned loveliness of the model and luminous quality of her skin. Once I soaked that in and really looked at what Bey is wearing, I could not help but marvel at the creation:

A tie-dyed zip up belted peasant-sleeved shoulder revealing granny bloomer jumpsuit with brass button detail at the pockets.

To be fully appreciated, it must be said aloud.

Bey is in the water for this ad but is it swimwear? A pool-side lounging outfit (imagine the tan-lines)?Party wear? Lingerie? I honestly have no idea but it is definitely an eye-catcher.

What do you think? Has House of Dereon made a mark in the fashion world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=wahyudewi&format=ptp