Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Same Old Story at Vogue Brazil



I spied this cover over at Jezebel. Brazil  may pride itself on being a "racial utopia" and has the largest percentage of individuals of African descent outside of Africa but when it comes to fashion, magazines and runway shows remains largely brown free despite the successes of models like Graice Carvalho and Emanuela de Paula (featured with other Brasilian models below.) Recently, black models protested the fact that they were excluded from auditioning for runway shows during Fashion Week. In spite of the attention the issue garnered, Vogue Brasil continues to only feature fresh white faces on its covers.



I don't know when I'll get an opportunity to travel there myself but I am curious if there are any magazines there that cater to black women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=wahyudewi&format=ptp