Monday, December 1, 2008

Joy Bryant in DOMINO - December/January 2009



For a magazine that touts itself as the "guide to living with style," this year's issues of Domino Magazine have been pretty dull. I was thumbing through my really old issues it seems the magazine has changed its original focus and caters more to professional designers and their ilk--making it less accessible in my view.

I mean just how many editorials can they put out featuring "reclaimed" $800 tree trunk end tables, Stark Louis "Ghost" chairs, coral book ends, garden stools and artfully placed $100+ coffee table books?

Also, I'm just never going to be the kind of girl that wants to make a conversation piece out of Hermes gift boxes. I tried it once with plastic bags from Bed, Bath, and Beyond but it just looked cheap no matter how many ways I tried to arranged them.

That said, unlike Vogue, Domino has had two black cover models this year and that ain't bad. Unfortunately, this month's cover girl (Joy Bryant) only has a single page inside the issue and on it, she talks about her favorite hotel room which coincidentally, contains a garden stool.

Sigh. I'm hoping they can get their mojo back in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=wahyudewi&format=ptp